Use the button below to register for the COVID-19 Vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccine Sign Up - Northern Liberties, PA
COVID-19 Vaccine Sign Up - Northern Liberties, PA
COVID-19 Vaccine Overview:
AFC Urgent Care Northern Liberties is now offering the COVID-19 vaccine for patients. If you need a vaccine, please use the buttons above to find availability.
We are following regulations from both state and local government to keep communities safe and distribute the vaccine effectively.
Due to the limited supply of the vaccine, only those within specific groups may be eligible for the vaccine at this time. To determine whether or not you are eligible, please refer to the vaccine phases and information provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. We have also provided information below.
If you are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine at this time, please use the appointment registration button above. If there are no time slots listed, it means there are no appointments available at this time. Please check back to the appointment site, as cancellations do occur and time may become available. Please do not call our center to check availability.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Phases:
Adults over the age of 16 years are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. To find availability at our clinic use the buttons above to get started.
Philadelphia Testing Phases
If you live in Philadelphia county, there are slightly different rules and vaccination phases for Philadelphia residents. Click here to view the vaccination procedures in the city and county.
(Jan 2021 – Present)
Per the PA Department of Health, these are the groups that are currently eligible for the vaccine:
- Long-term care facility residents
- Health care personnel including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service personnel
- Nursing assistants
- Dental hygienists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Health professions students and trainees
- Direct support professionals
- Clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities
- Contractual HCP not directly employed by the health care facility
- Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- People in congregate settings not otherwise specified as long-term care facilities, and persons receiving home and community-based services
- First responders
- Correctional officers and other workers serving people in congregate care settings not included in Phase 1A
- Food and agricultural workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Grocery store workers
- Education workers
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Public transit workers
- Individuals caring for children or adults in early childhood and adult day programs
- Essential workers in these sectors:
- Transportation and logistics
- Water and wastewater
- Food service
- Housing construction
- Finance, including bank tellers
- Information technology
- Energy, including nuclear reactors
- Legal services
- Federal, state, county and local government workers, including county election workers, elected officials and members of the judiciary and their staff
- Public safety
- Public health workers
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs:
Q. Where can I sign up and get the COVID-19 vaccine near Northern Liberties and Philadelphia, PA?
A. Patients can sign up on either the AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham website or the AFC Urgent Care Conshohocken website to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Q. When is the vaccine coming?
A. The COVID-19 vaccine released in late 2020 for select groups and is now releasing in vaccination phases, as stated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Check to see if you qualify for vaccine sign based on the current phase at this time.
Q. Who is eligible for the vaccine?
A. Right now, patients that fall under phases 1A are eligible for the vaccine. Senior citizens 65 and older as well as healthcare workers are the first designated phase to recieve vaccination followed by select groups of essential workers. Check to see if you fall under these categories before inquiring about registration.
Q. What are the policies for seniors?
A. Seniors are currently eligible to sign up for the vaccine on the sign up portal under phase 1 and phase 2 designation. Seniors that live in nursing homes or have multiple comorbidities are eligible for the vaccine as well.
Q. Is the vaccine safe?
A. The COVID-19 vaccine is the safest way to protect against the COVID virus. Misinformation on social media and other unverified sites can confuse patients, so it is important to consult with your local medical provider about vaccine safety. Vaccines are the most effective way for communities to build herd immunity against many viruses and diseases.
Q. What do I need to do to get the vaccine?
A. Patients need to sign up through AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham’s or AFC Urgent Care Conshohocken’s online portals if they qualify based on the current vaccination phase. We encourage all potential users to carefully read through each vaccination phase, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines, before inquiring about the vaccine.