Insurance Coverage for Rapid COVID-19 Testing:
Patients without health insurance or who elect not to bill insurance (except Medicaid)
- No prior telemedicine appointment required.
- Patient can directly schedule Rapid COVID-19 testing
- $150 fee, paid by patient, for cost of appointment and Rapid Test; Payment is required at time of scheduling
Insurance* No Cost Options
Blue Cross Blue Shield (Highmark, Federal, Out of State plans), Medicare, Tricare, Humana, and
- Requires telemedicine appointment before scheduling Rapid COVID-19 Test
- No cost to patient for either online appointment or Rapid COVID Testing
Personal Choice, Keystone Health Plan East, Independence Blue Cross, Amerihealth, Independence Administrators, Aetna, Cigna, United HealthCare (commercial)
- Requires telemedicine before scheduling Rapid COVID Test
- No cost to most patients for telemedicine appointment
- $79 out of pocket cost to patient for Rapid COVID Test
- Payment required prior to scheduling Rapid Test
Insurance* Non-Covered for Rapid COVID Test
Medicaid (Keystone First, Health Partners, Aetna Better Health, UHC Community Plan)
- Generally, Rapid COVID-19 testing is not covered, but standard PCR testing is usually covered.
- Medicaid patients may not pay out of pocket for Rapid COVID Testing
- Generally, only PCR Test is covered under these health insurance plans
- Requires telemedicine appointment before scheduling PCR COVID Test
All patients (other than self-pay patients) are required to schedule a telemedicine consultation with one of our providers before scheduling a Rapid COVID-19 Test.
Generally, all patients are entitled to receive a no cost PCR Covid-19 Test (NOT RAPID TEST), following a no cost telemedicine consultation, as most insurance companies have waived all deductible and copay costs.* Additionally, if you are uninsured, upon signing an attestation, the federal government will cover your costs for a PCR COVID-19 Test.